Thursday, August 9, 2012

Gearing up for fall

I can't believe its already August. It's scary how close I am to starting my actual nursing classes. 

I went to registration for my nursing classes and bought all of my millions of textbooks for this semester. I got my nursing tote in the mail which is all of my medical supplies like IV tubing, fake meds, foley catheter kit, etc. I'm pretty excited about it. But I won't get to use any of it until October when my fundamentals class starts. I'm not looking forward to how many classes I'll be taking this fall. It's going to be a lot of work.

The way my program works, all of my classes are online and I only go up to the nursing center for clinicals or to take proctored tests for my classes. Which is good because the nursing center is like 45 minutes away from me. :( 


My schedule this fall:
1st 8 weeks:
- Human Nutrition
- Professional Nursing Concepts
- Abnormal Psychology
- Professional Nursing Concepts
2nd 8 weeks:
- Fundamentals of Nursing clinical
- Dosage Calculations
All Semester:
- Pathophysiology
- Pharmacology

I haven't even started to collect all of the school supplies I need for this fall. I don't know exactly what I'm going to want or use. I guess I'm just gonna get into my classes and see what I want to use. It's bugging me though because I would like to have everything ready already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment