Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Welcome!

Hey there!

Welcome to my first blog post! I just wanted to share a little bit about myself and where I'm at in my journey to earning my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing!

Who I am: An anonymous nursing student. I'll go by M. :)
Where I live: The midwest.
Background: I have a previous Bachelor's Degree in Women's Studies. I have always been interested in nursing but I thought that it wouldn't be possible for me to become a nurse because I wasn't great at math and science (kind of key subjects for nursing..).
After I finished my first Bachelor's Degree and discovered I couldn't get ANY jobs with it... I decided to return to school to take my pre-requisites for nursing school. (I say returned to school but I had decided in my last semester of BA to get my nursing degree so I had a grand total of 2 weeks after graduation before I started Human Growth and Development online!)

My goals: To graduate in December of 2013 with a BSN, to sit for the NCLEX and pass it! Then to find a job in a hospital. Right now my interests are Labor and Deliver or Emergency.. but that may change.

What I'll most likely blog about: My life as a nursing student, classes, clinicals, healthcare/medicine articles I find interesting, books and study methods I've used, and who knows what else?

Where I'm at right this very minute in the process of applying to nursing school: I have finished all my pre-reqs except physiology which I am signed up to take June through August online.
I have finished my application for nursing school and will be delivering this week to the office.
I will get an admission decision in mid July, I'll be admitted conditionally since I'll still be taking physio at that point... I'll sign up for classes and then start school in August!

Any questions? How did you find your way to my blog? Are you considering nursing school? Are you already in nursing school? Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment